11.22.2010

things I am NOT going to feel guilty about

Inspired by thediaperdiaries.net, here is a list of the mommy and wife things that I am going to stand strong on and not feel guilty about:

1. Not being able to breastfeed for that long and giving my baby formula. I KNOW that breastmilk is the best, and believe me...I heard it from everyone. I tried my hardest, and it just didn't work. My baby is happy and healthy, and that is all I could want.

2. Giving up on baking. I don't even like cookies and pies, why should I make them? I know that baking would make me "Wife of the Year" but I told my husband he can just go to his mom for perfect pies and soft cookies. I like the Pillsbury instant cookies (even though I still screw those up half the time).

3. Refusing to wake up while it is still dark. All of us mothers know that sleep is very important. Audrey just started waking up at 6 a.m., and it is dark at that time. She will chat away in her crib and I will wait until 7 a.m. to get her.

4. Letting the laundry pile up or sit in the dryer for a few days. Laundry is just not on the top of my list. I can't stand it.

5. Putting Audrey in front of the tube. This was a big one that Chris and I said we "would not do with our child." ha! Babies are constantly looking for entertainment, and I have other things to do. So, yes...I will plop her in front of a cartoon or movie for just a short time.I try to at least make it something educational.

6. Not styling or even blow drying my hair. One: It is all falling out for some fabulous post-pregnancy reason. Two: It is just a pain and I get so sweaty- again, thanks to some fabulous post-pregnancy reason. 

7. Wanting a glass of wine- or three. 

8. Not sanitizing EVERYTHING the baby uses. Germs make us stronger, and she hasn't been sick yet.

9. Sitting on the couch and blogging until midday or watching a movie. All moms deserve down time. 

10. Not feeling guilty about not feeling guilty. 

Moms, I encourage you to vent a bit and make your list! Then pass your link over to me!

7 comments:

Miranda LaRaut-Hartrampf said...

Wonderful list!

madge said...

Ha, I love your list. I have a list, but I'm sure once I actually have her, it will change drastically. Also, I basically got some blog chain letter about a "blog award", but I was bored so I posted some blogs I thought deserved to get it, too. You can get the ah..."award" at my site, www.madgeisamom.blogspot.com

Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three said...

Good for you.
I'm not going to feel guilty for:
#1. Using plastic grocery bags instead of reusable totes
#2. Letting my 3 1/2 month old play with one of those plastic grocery bags for 10 minutes this morning because it was the only thing that would keep her happy.

tawna6988 said...

Stopping by from Bloggy Moms and am your newest follower. Hope to see you by my blog too.
I have 4 blogs, you can follow all 4 or pick the one(s) that best suits you.
http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
http://btrbb.blogspot.com
http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com
http://notaverageguru.blogspot.com
Twitter: tawna6988
FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tawnas-thoughts-plans-and-journeys/110934798966532

Thanks
Tawna

The Rheinlander's said...

I love this list I am definitely going to make my own!!

I also wanted to give you the...

Stylish Blogger Award

Rules for accepting this award are:
1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you this.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their Blog Award!

You can get the award off of my post, just save it as a pic ; )

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
~Melissa
http://mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com

MommyNaniBooboo said...

I shall adopt your list as my own.
TV was a big one for me... WAS.
Motherhood is hard enough... the less mommy guilt, the better!
*fist bump*

eveqc said...

I'm going to make my own list! Yours is great. Love it!!!

Ewa

 
Blog Design by Alt Coast.