3.26.2011

bon appetit!

In a previous post, I mentioned that Audrey has grown her independence wings. She has learned how to express what she likes and dislikes in quite the diva fashion. 

In this development, she has also decided that she wants to eat like an adult. She wants to feed herself, to eat what mom and dad are eating, to sit at the table and has requested wine on occasion (I opt for the organic pomegranate/blueberry no sugar added juice for her).

What can I say? My 9-month-old wants to be an adult already. I encourage the maturity (not the diva tantrums). So cheers! I'm trying to make the best of it! Here are some meals that we've enjoyed all together.



A lunch with all the goodies: grilled chicken, cheddar, cucumber and some fresh sweet peppers. Juice for A and wine for B.

A weekly dinner at our house for the whole family: Yumm! Bowls
Audrey and I love a healthy start to the day with Greek yogurt and blueberries and a side of toast.
Like most of us, the first time Audrey tasted pasta, she was in love. I like to make bow tie pasta with a little olive oil, pepper, garlic and Parmesan; veggies on the side or mixed in. The bow tie's are perfect for Audrey to pick up from her plate.

It is getting to be that time of year for delicious zucchini. If you're growing it, you probably have more than you know what to do with. A healthy and filling recipe: Zucchini Boats. I make mine with ground Italian sausage, a good tomato sauce, some breadcrumbs and mozzarella. For Audrey, the zucchini became so soft that I cut it up into bite size pieces which she fed herself. She loved it!



0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Alt Coast.