3.22.2011

reshaping my life: week 2

This week I am learning that slow and steady really does win the race. On Sunday I ran a little more than six miles with no problem. That has been a goal of mine, and while I am slow- I sure did get there! 

As I spoke about in the first week of reshaping my life, it is important to strive for the long distance instead of the sprint in everything we do. Go at your own pace and visualize the finish line. 

This is a huge point targeting diets. A quick, minimal-effort crash diet may get you fast results, but it won't benefit you in the long run of learning how to eat right and exercise habitually. You'll gain it back and for some reason continue to practice that diet when you have a trip coming up or holiday or need to lose ten pounds. I know, I've done it too. 

Week two and I am lighter than I was at our wedding. 

Here are things I am continuing to work on and additions to start this week: 

Keeping God as my strength. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I realized that my past journey's of trying to lose weight, I was trying to be in control. I know that God loves me for who I am, but I God also wants us to be as healthy as he intended us to be. 
Slow and steady wins the race. One day, one pound, one prayer. Work slowly at the long distance. 

Stop temptation. "Just this time..." will not be in my vocabulary. If I stop temptation once, it will eventually go away for good. 

Eating wise, I am still going to work on cheese and dressings/sauces. I've know I have been doing better considering today is my 2-week shop and I don't have to buy feta. I still have two tubs.

SPRING CLEAN! "If there is doubt, throw it out!" A good clean house, fridge, closet, etc... leads to a good, clean soul.

Because you have so little faith. I tell you the trust, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matt. 17:20

Credits to Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure and of course, the Bible.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Alt Coast.