8.12.2011

fashion friday

Now that I'm post baby body, even though I'm smaller than I've been in a long time, my body is still different. Yes, bring on the momma jeans! I will no longer be shopping in the junior department. So, after cleaning my closet of halter tops, short dresses and butt crack jeans - in addition to some maternity clothes - what do you do now? 

1. Exchange/Trade in store: Buffalo Exchange is one of my favorites; however, many times they won't take anything and sometimes they take it all. I would advise calling and seeing what they are taking or when would be a good time to bring in your clothes. This option is nice because I don't mind second hand clothes that are in good condition like Buffalo Exchange has, and this way you can trade what they take for a higher trade price. But, you still have the option of taking cash.

If you are loaded with high school brand names such as Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, etc... Plato's Closet is your ticket for trade in or cash. 

Search your local consignment shops for more... 

2. EBAY & online: If you've got the time and really don't want to see your expensive, nice clothing traded in for a few bucks, then try online selling. This requires more energy and time, so you make be coming in about equal: time/money...

Other online consignment shops:
http://www.recycleyourfashions.com/
http://www.yoursecretcloset.com

3. Girlfriend swap: I like the benefits of swapping with my friends. It doesn't have the "scary" effect of the second hand store, if that is not your thing. You know who has been wearing the clothes. And you get to see your clothes be taken care of. Just have to have friends that are your size and style. Bonus: Throw a girlfriend clothes swap party! Wine, food, clothes...sounds good to me!

4. Donate: I also love to donate. Goodwill, St. Vincent De Paul's and many other stores will easily take your bag of clothes and in return, you get a tax cut. In the end, the tax cut is about the same or more than I would get in cash at a consignment store. 

{Side note: BABY CLOTHES- Where I live, there are a number of second hand baby stores. Second hand is the thing here. We even have THIRD hand stores. Eek. These stores have been far more eager to accept all the baby wear and gear for a good price. Other options are waiting for Christmas to get a little closer to donate them to great charities that are in need for items or give them to friends having babies! I loved hand-me-downs!) 


1 comments:

Rosann said...

I love this post Brittany! It reminds me of one I did not long ago on somewhat of a similar topic. http://christiansupermom.com/hip-hugger-mama
My hip hugger jeans are my favorites and while I can't or shouldn't really wear them anymore, I refuse to get rid of them! I must admit though, I do love your suggestions. :) Hope you're having a great week!

Blessings,
Rosann

 
Blog Design by Alt Coast.