10.20.2011

TIC: toddler-induced-coma

I'm so tired. Having a toddler is one thing, but a sick one is a whole different ball game.

She is strong. She already knows how to guilt me, too.

Monday felt like Thursday and now that it is Thursday, it feels like it is a different month entirely.

I've been chasing her around with the nose sucker for a few hours. I have a 900-square-foot home and she somehow always gets so far from me.

I've also had to come up with medicinal cocktails since she has now decided to gag up medicine. Of course, when I mix it in her juice - she never drinks it.

Last night she had blueberries in a thick, bubblegum pink amoxicillin. Yum.

Tylenol usually goes well with a spoon full of peanut butter.

I haven't been this tired since she was a newborn.

And she just keeps going. Sick, but still energetic. I lay on her bedroom floor in a toddler-induced-coma while she tramples me with her play horses, dripping snot and yelling at me for reading the books out of memorization with my eyes closed. Really, I thought it was a cool trick?

Maybe this is God's way of getting me to minimize my words and "be still..." because I sure don't feel like talking or moving.

Well, time for a milk and gas drops cocktail.

2 comments:

Rosann said...

Praying for you and your little peanut. :)

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

oh my word - sounds exhausting! hope she gets better soon and you find time to rest :)

 
Blog Design by Alt Coast.